Participate In Open Studios
Open Studios will be held on two weekends, September 19 -20 and September 26 – 27, 2020.
Artists can choose to participate for one or both weekends.
You are eligible to participate in Open Studios Napa Valley if:
- You are a current, 2020, paid member of Art Association Napa Valley
- You live and/or work within Napa County, or you partner with a participating artist
- You create all the artwork yourself as original works
- You have a minimum of 10 pieces of art available for sale each day of Open Studios 2020
- You have a valid municipal business license for your studio if required in your area
- You have a valid state resale license
- You have a working email address
- You have paid the required fees and expenses to Open Studios Napa Valley for 2020
- You are a juried artist who participated in at least one of the previous five years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019 OR are juried into Open Studios Napa Valley in 2020
- It is strongly recommended that all artists have business liability insurance for at least the Open Studio dates.
- CallForEntry.org will be used to apply for 2020 Open Studios Napa Valley.
- Open Studios Napa Valley Entry Fee is $295 per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application.
- The new artist Jury Fee, if applicable, is $50 (non-refundable) per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application.
- The Art Association Napa Valley annual dues are $50 and are to be paid directly to AANV.
Click here to pay your membership.
Click here to apply for Open Studios
- March 15, 2020 for all artists applications
ARTISTS JURYING GUIDELINES
- A Returning Artist is someone who participated Open Studios Napa Valley in at least one of the previous five years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019.
- A New Artist is defined as an artist that has never previously participated in Open Studios Napa Valley, or did not participate in Open Studios in any year from 2015 to 2019.
- Judging will be done by professional artists and gallerists who are not members of Art Association Napa Valley.
- Judges will use the following criteria:
- Does the body of work indicate a consistent technical proficiency with the medium?
- Does the work demonstrate an understanding of the principals of composition?
- Does the body of work reflect a coherent individual style and originality?
- Does assembled work, from prefabricated materials, reflect a creative element that is more than the sum of the parts?
Please direct questions regarding:
- Jurying process or criteria
- Application process
to Frank Trozzo [email protected]
CALL FOR ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
Click here to learn how to apply ….
First time users must register before they can log in and apply.
Existing users may proceed to log in and apply.