Participate In Open Studios 2022
Open Studios will be held on two weekends, September 17 -18 and September 24 – 25, 2022.
Artists can choose to participate for one or both weekends.
You are eligible to participate in Open Studios Napa Valley if you:
- Are a current, 2022, paid member of Art Association Napa Valley
- Live and/or work within Napa County, or you partner with a participating artist showing in Napa County
- Create all the artwork yourself as original works
- Have a minimum of 10 pieces of art available for sale each day of Open Studios 2022
- Have a valid municipal business license for your studio if required in your area
- Have a valid state resale license
- Have a working email address
- Paid the required fees and expenses to Open Studios Napa Valley for 2022
- Are a juried artist who participated in at least one of the previous five years: 2016 to 2021 OR are juried into Open Studios Napa Valley in 2022
- CallForEntry.org is used to apply for 2022 Open Studios Napa Valley.
- Open Studios Napa Valley Entry Fee is $295 per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application.
- The new artist Jury Fee, if applicable, is $35 (non-refundable) per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application.
- The Art Association Napa Valley annual dues are $50 and are to be paid directly to AANV.
- It is strongly recommended that all artists have business liability insurance for at least the Open Studio dates.
Click here to pay your membership
Click here to apply for Open Studios 2022
- April 1, 2022 for all artists applications
ARTISTS JURYING GUIDELINES
- A Returning Artist is someone who participated Open Studios Napa Valley in at least one of the previous five years: 2017 to 2021.
- A New Artist is defined as an artist that has never previously participated in Open Studios Napa Valley or did not participate in Open Studios in any year from 2016 to 2021.
- Judging will be done by professional artists and gallerists who are not members of Art Association Napa Valley.
- Judges will use the following criteria:
- Does the body of work indicate a consistent technical proficiency with the medium?
- Does the work demonstrate an understanding of the principals of composition?
- Does the body of work reflect a coherent individual style and originality?
- Does assembled work, from prefabricated materials, reflect a creative element that is more than the sum of the parts?
Please direct questions regarding:
- Jurying process or criteria
- Application process
to Frank Trozzo [email protected]
CALL FOR ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
Click here to learn how to apply ….
First time users must register at Callforentry.org and post their images in an online portfolio before they can apply.
Existing users may proceed to log in and apply.