Participate In Open Studios 2023
Open Studios will be held on two weekends, September 16 -17 and September 23 – 24, 2023.
Artists can choose to participate for one or both weekends. The entry fees are the same.
You are eligible to participate in Open Studios Napa Valley if you:
- Are a current, 2023, paid member of Art Association Napa Valley
- Live and/or work within Napa County, or partner with a participating artist showing in Napa County
- Create all the artwork yourself as original works
- Have a minimum of 10 pieces of art available for sale each day of Open Studios 2023
- Have a valid municipal business license for your studio if required in your area
- Have a valid state resale license
- Have a working email address
- Paid the required fees and expenses to Open Studios Napa Valley for 2023
- Are an artist who participated in at least one of the previous five years: 2018 to 2022.
- CallForEntry.org is used to apply for Open Studios Napa Valley.
- The Entry Fee is $295 per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application.
- The new artist Jury Fee, if applicable, is $35 (non-refundable) per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application. $330 Total
- The Art Association Napa Valley annual dues are $50 and are to be paid directly to AANV.
- It is strongly recommended that all artists have business liability insurance for at least the Open Studio dates. Contact your insurance carrier for information.
Click here to pay your membership
Click here to apply for Open Studios 2023
- April 20, 2023 for all artists applications
ARTISTS JURYING GUIDELINES
- A Returning Artist is someone who participated Open Studios Napa Valley in at least one of the previous five years: 2018 to 2022.
- A New Artist is defined as an artist that has never previously participated in Open Studios Napa Valley or did not participate in Open Studios in any year from 2018 to 2022.
- Judging will be done by professional artists and gallerists who are not members of Art Association Napa Valley.
- Judges will use the following criteria:
- Does the body of work indicate a consistent technical proficiency with the medium?
- Does the work demonstrate an understanding of the principals of composition?
- Does the body of work reflect a coherent individual style and originality?
- Does assembled work, from prefabricated materials, reflect a creative element that is more than the sum of the parts?
Please direct questions regarding:
- Jurying process or criteria
- Application process
to Frank Trozzo [email protected]
CALL FOR ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
Click here to learn how to apply ….
First time users must register at Callforentry.org and upload their images in an online portfolio before the application can go through.
Existing users may proceed to log in and apply. New photos can be uploaded.
Preparing your images for Open Studios
Checklist for art shows
OS Presentation 06 21 2022